Information for our Patients regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Starting Wednesday, March 25th our Williamsburg office will be closed due to Covid-19. Please call 757-874-4665 if you need hearing aid batteries or any supplies. We will be happy to mail those to you. Dr. Hecker will see emergency cases at the Williamsburg office on an as-needed basis. Please call or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Our Newport News office will remain open for now.
We appreciate your patience during these tumultuous times and will help your hearing health needs to the best of our abilities!
We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Dept of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
As always, the safety and health of our patients is our highest priority. We would like our valued patients to know that have implemented the following policies and procedures during the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the U.S.
- We are monitoring and following all recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and all federal, state, and local directives that are applicable to our office.
- Patients who have flu-like symptoms (fever, headache, cough, respiratory distress) are not being seen in our office during this time. Their appointments will be re-scheduled to a future date when they are medically cleared of the COVID-19 virus.
- Any patient who wishes to re-schedule an appointment, is welcome to do so.
- In addition to our normal infection control measures, our staff is disinfecting all equipment and frequently-touched surfaces more often. Diagnostic test equipment that contacts the patient is disinfected immediately prior to each patient. At present, we have sufficient supplies of disinfectant products, including hand sanitizer for patient use.
- Staff members who have physical contact with a patient, are required to wash hands or use alcohol-based hand disinfectant between each patient appointment.
- Any staff member who has any flu-like symptom, or has been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, will not be permitted in our office until medically cleared. None of our staff members have travelled to restricted international countries in the past 12 months.
If you have any questions or concerns about the precautions we are taking during this time, please feel free to speak with any member of our staff.